NOTICE TO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES FOR
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Determination of the names of candidates to appear on the ballot for Republican Presidential Preference Primary is made by the State Executive Committee of the Georgia Republican Party pursuant to Section 21-2-193 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated.
If you are a Republican candidate for President and would like the State Executive Committee to consider you for placement on the Republican Presidential Preference Primary ballot, please submit a written request containing the information below to David J. Shafer, Chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, by 5:00 PM on November 22, 2019:
- Your name as you wish it to appear on the ballot.
- Your candidate FEC identification number from your Statement of Candidacy filed with the Federal Election Commission
- The name and address of your principal campaign committee.
- The name, telephone number and email for a primary contact person at the campaign.
- State whether you are the incumbent candidate for President. If you are not the incumbent, please state whether you have ever been on the Presidential Preference Primary ballot in Georgia and list the years in which you were on the Presidential Preference Primary ballot in Georgia.
- State whether you will commit to support the ultimate nominee of the Republican Party.
- Provide information showing that you have established substantial support in Georgia for your nomination as the Republican Party candidate for the Office of President of the United States (e.g. number of Georgians who have contributed to your campaign).
Your written request, including the above information, must be received by 5:00 PM on November 22, 2019 to be considered by the State Executive Committee. Send your written request to:
David J. Shafer, Chairman
Georgia Republican Party
Post Office Box 550008
Atlanta, Georgia 30355