Georgia Republican Party
- Immediately after the opening ceremonies, the Credentials Committee may present an interim report. The final report shall be presented to the Convention as soon as practicable following the close of registration on Saturday.
- Signs will designate seating areas on the convention floor for Delegates and Alternates. Only those with proper credentials may be admitted to those areas and to the convention floor. Credentials must be clearly visible and appropriately displayed to enter and remain on the convention floor.
- Proposed resolutions and rules must have been submitted in writing to the respective committees no later than April 23, 2021, as specified in the Call of this Convention. Only those proposed resolutions and rules changes properly submitted may be considered by the Convention. The Resolutions and Rules Committees shall report to the Convention at the prescribed time, presenting for vote those resolutions and rules the respective Committees deem appropriate. Any Resolution amended more than once by the Convention shall be immediately sent by the Chair to the State Committee for any further consideration.Any resolution, properly submitted to the Resolutions Committee and not reported by the Committee to the Convention, may be moved from the floor by a two-thirds vote without debate. All typographical, grammatical, and similar administrative errors in a Resolution passed shall be corrected by the Secretary of the Convention so long as the correction does not change the substantive meaning of any part of the Resolution. Proposed rules changes submitted by the Convention Rules Committee for consideration by the Convention shall not be amended from the floor; a vote on a recommended rule change shall be an up or down vote on the proposal as offered by the Committee.
- No person may speak in debate more than once on the same question on the same day, or longer than two minutes, without permission of the Convention granted by a two-thirds vote without debate. No speaker in debate shall be permitted to assign or yield time to another individual. One microphone shall be designated for procedural subsidiary motions as defined in Roberts Rules of Order. The chair shall take up such motions immediately upon the expiration of the time the current person is speaking.
- All banners and signs that are to be hung must have been delivered to the State Party at State Party Headquarters in Atlanta before 5:00 P.M. on May 28, 2021 for placement by the Convention facility staff. All others will be removed and discarded. NO signs, stickers, or banners can be hung on walls or staging by candidates or their representatives.
- As specified in the Call of this Convention, to be considered as a nominee and ultimately by the Convention, any candidate for Chairman, First Vice Chairman, Second Vice Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer must have submitted a resume package to the Georgia Republican Party no later than April 23, 2021. The Nominating Committee shall meet as appropriate with prospective candidates for State Chairman, First Vice-Chairman, Second Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer. The Nominating Committee, after review of the qualifications each candidate(s), shall present to the Convention its recommendations for each office. Only individuals who submitted a notice of candidacy and political resume no later than April 23, 2021 and appeared before the Nominating Committee are eligible for nomination from the floor.
- After nominations for each office are complete, nominations for that office shall be closed and no further nominations shall be in order. In the event of uncontested races, the Convention will vote on the unopposed candidates first. Contested races shall be decided by ballot.
- In the event more than one candidate is nominated for the office of State Chairman, each candidate will be allocated a total of five minutes to be divided as the candidate wishes between nominating speeches and/or an address to the convention. In the event more than one candidate is nominated for each office other than Chairman, each such candidate will be allocated a total of three minutes to be divided as the candidate wishes between nominating speeches and/or an address to the convention. Each candidate may have a representative present during a ballot tabulation process.
- No cumulative voting shall be allowed. A majority of the votes cast shall be required for election. In the event no candidate receives a majority on the first ballot, the candidate receiving the least number of votes shall be dropped, and a second ballot shall be ordered. This same procedure shall be followed if additional ballots are necessary.
- In order to facilitate Convention business, the Chair may change the order of speakers for the presentation of reports by the Credentials Committee and for appropriate voting.
- The State Convention shall be governed and conducted: first, in accordance with these Rules and the Call, and second, except as modified by these Rules or by the Call, by Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised 12th Edition.